A BIOS that wants to know the OS I'm using?

	A question:

	My fancy new computer has a extra-cool-nice Phoenix BIOS 4.0 Rev 6, and
when you enter into it you have a quite interesting dialogue that says:

	OS: W98/2000
	    W95
	    Other

	I understand the idea of W95 due to the USB bus that has the computer.
	The Phoenix manual gives few info about this dialogue. And they don't give
user support.
	I use NT 4.0 (not listed above) and it runs with decency (not excellently
but don't ask me why: I don't think it's BIOS settings fault).

	Is there any explanation about the sense of this cool feature, or
potential trouble for the near future Debian installation that I have to
make there?

	Thank you a lot.

	Ignasi
  \______|  els fills abandonats  |_______/

	I'm not French. The decision of getting French as default language is
because my primary language is not listed in Yahoo preferences, so I
profited to select French as a silly way to mantain fresh my horrible
French level.