LS-120 install

hi,

I was trying to install debian (frozen) on my laptop
the other day but got stuckon the following. i have a
LS-120 drive (for "superdisks" which is backwards
compatible with 1.44MB disks) which i was using to
boot the install disk. the
images i used were the ones from the idepci
subdirectory.

the system started booting, the image on the floppy
started booting as well
until it gave the following message:

      Insert the root floppy disk to be loaded into
RAM disk and press Enter.

(or something like that)

i tried pressing enter with the disk i had used to
boot from since i believe
that's all i needed (i was gonna do an harddrive
install with base2_2.tgz on
another linux partition). i even tried the driver disk
just in case...
nothing seemed to do it...

am i doing something wrong with the disks i'm using or
is it a problem with the LS-120 support?

thanks for any help,

      thomas