Re: Help, please. PCI128 sound card seen, but not heard

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:28:01PM +0100, Jonathan Heaney wrote:
> kvaughan@bc.cc.ca.us wrote:
>
> > I'm using the 2.2.14 kernel on an Asus k7V mb(Athlon), and have compiled

> Compiling the OSS driver direct into the kernel should be OK; try and get that
> working before attempting the switch to ALSA.
>
> What does
>
> cat /dev/sndstat
>
> give you?
>
> If there is no /dev/sndstat, you need to create the relevant /dev entries.  Try
>
> cd /dev
> ./MAKEDEV audio

cat /dev/sndstat
   gives no such file.  It is in /dev but not active (if that's the way to
decribe it..)

Audio already exists (and I'm in that group), but I remade it just in case.
No change.

You refer to the OSS driver... Which one is that??  Is that the ES1371??
There certainly are no entries under the OSS chioce which appear to fit the
PCI128 (unless I'm supposed to treat it as a SB16???).

I currently have the es1371 compiled into the kernel.

Kenward