Re: samba's /etc/samba/cmb.conf -- empty?

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 02:52:00PM -0500, w trillich wrote:
> so i'm back to asking 'how can we find out what packages are available
> without having to irritate the folks on this list?'

One good way, if you know kind of what you are looking for is dpkg -l

For example:

($ ~)-> dpkg -l *samba*

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
pn  gtksamba       <none>         (no description available)
pn  gtksamba-gnome <none>         (no description available)
ii  samba          2.0.6-5        A LanManager like file and printer server fo
ii  samba-common   2.0.6-5        Samba common files used by both the server a
pn  samba-doc      <none>         (no description available)

in this case, it doesn't tell you everything, but it's a good start.

Good luck,
Chris Gray

--
pick, pack, pock, puck: like drops of water in a fountain falling
softly in the brimming bowl.