Problems leaving computer on overnight

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 10:41:00AM -0700, Dan Hutchinson wrote:
> I have been doing the same test at work with a Micron PC.  I would second
> the sluggishness and I am finding it wierd that the clock works for some
> time then stops updating until I move my mouse.

    I thought perhaps I was a bit daft, but I also have had the same
    experience with the clock one day. I unfortunately did not note
    the setup I had at the time. I use a variety of X window managers
    (sawmill, icewm, uwm, enlightenment) and gnome with several of these,
    and this problem occurred with whatever I had that day.