Re: kernel-source*14-5_all.deb and make-kpkg

No, what I meant was that I had apt-got (past tense on purpose) installed
kernel-source*, but make-kpkg was complaining that it didn't have make rules. So,
after reading a little more, I just got the original kernerl 2.2.14, unpacked it and
all then worked, except for my scssi emulation module, which is probably the only
reason I am persisting in this. Let me be more explicit: I got all unpacked, did make
menuconfig assuring myself of having all scssi related with <Y>, i.e., with <*>, saved
the config file. After this I made make-kpkg clean , make-kpkg --revision kernel_image
etc, dpkg -i kernel_image, created my boot floppy ( I can't boot from hdb, in hda I
have win 98). Now, when I booted again, the scsi modules were not there, that is ,
they had been probably killed by mak-kpkg clean.
So, I tried again, this time I didn't do the clean stuff, I added make-kpkg modules,
then make-kpkg --revision kernel_image, the dpkg -i the image. This time the modules
didn't load either, but at least they were there when I run insmod sg, which did not
happen with the "cleaned" image. All this makes me believe that clean takes care of
the unresolved symbols modules, i.e., deletes them. Now, what I have is a "CDWriter HP
atapi ide" and an ACER cdrom, i don't have scsi, but I need it for my burning
activities!
The positions are IRQ 14, IRQ 15 (0x3f6 and 0x376). Please throw some light onto this.