Re: bad NICs vs bad routing question: potato

> But I can't ping either of them from other boxes on their networks. I haven't
> implemented any type of firewall yet; I'm just trying to connect. The question
> is whether there is something wrong with the NICs or if it's something I haven't
> configured right (OK, I admit it--I'm a relative newbie here).
>

> Here's the ifconfig output:
it looks good.

> Here's dmesg:
don't know, what the multicast errors mean, but they should be harmless.
probably you got some dos tool to setup the card - try some options which
seem to have something to do with it.

please post the output of "route".

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.