Re: kernel-source*14-5_all.deb and make-kpkg

I'm not entirely sure what your trying to say here.  Are you saying that
you have compiled the kernel-source with kpkg and now are at the point
where you have something like --
kernel-image-2.0.36_custom.2.0.36.1_i386.deb ?

If so then just --
dpkg -i kernel-image-<whatever your version>.deb

If that isn't the case let us know.
hth,
kent