Re: kernel-source*14-5_all.deb and make-kpkg

Antonio Rodriguez <arodriguez@worldnet.att.net> writes:

> The directions to install a kernel using make-kpkg are more or less
> clear to me if doing it with a kernel*tar.gz one, because it unpacks the
> make instructions. Now, what to do when it is a .deb one? I tried make
> menuconfig as indicated before in an earlier thread, but there aren't
> any make rules. Is there any way of unpacking them from the *_all.deb?

When you've got a kernel-source-xxx.deb package, you really *have* got
a kernelxxx.tar.{g|b}z one. It's sitting in /usr/src/ and is waiting
for you to untar it. Then you do a `ln -s kernel-source-xxx linux' and
go on with make-kpkg as before.

Greetings,
joachim