Another modem question (was: Modem not working)

Hi there,

Thanks for the responses to my original question. I have now found out
about what is wrong. It is a PCI modem and modems of that kind don't
work with linux yet, although there is work going on in that field.
Maybe for 2.4. It may well by a winmodem too, although it showed up on
at least one linux compatability list. Anyway, this is nobody's fault
except mine so I'll just
have to swallow it.

Which leads me to the next question. I now have to put my old modem back
in, but was thinking that maybe it would be safe to have them both,
since one is PCI and the other ISA. Is this a totally stupid thing to
do? The PCI one doesn't get detected by Debian so it shouldn't conflict
with the other and I should be able to disable the ISA one in Windows.
How's that for a solution?

regards,

Gudmundur