Re: What are the most common causes of linux system hangs?

:-> "Joe" == Joe Emenaker <jemenake@genesiscom.com> writes:

    > for a week or two. Now, it barely makes it more than 4 hours or so.

    > Now, I'm pretty certain that it's some hardware problem. But, I'd like to

before trashing everything, check that the fan on the cpu is still
working at the appropriate speed (check it visually and try touching
the cpu heatsink). I had a bad experience with a jammed fan.

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  |   mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
  ik5pvx - Firenze   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.3.99-pre5 #1 Thu Apr 13 15:38:54 CEST 2000 i686 unknown