Re: Gnome desktop

You shoud really just edit the .xsession file in your user directory,
/home/username/.xsession
You do not need to include a command to run the window manager (fvwm2), gnome-session
will do that for you.
Check that you dont have a .xinitrc file in your home directory as this will override
the .xsession file and cause it not to be looked at.

Johnny.