I have a hardware question.

I am currently running Mandrake 7.0 Air and have become inspired by
Debian.
I want to run Debian.

Currently , (Air) supports my Ultra 66 Hard drive and my Sound Blaster
Live audio card.

If I install Slink, do I get support for these two peices of hardware?
Or do I have to wait for Potato to come out?

I've spent 5-6 days attempting to find the answer to this question
looking at other sources and
I can't seem to answer my question alone.

I know these two hardware items ARE supported in the LINUX of today but
does the LINUX of today
cover any of the 2.1 releases???

Thanks in advance

Charlie