Re: I have a hardware question.

    > I am currently running Mandrake 7.0 Air and have become inspired
    > by Debian.  I want to run Debian.

    > Currently , (Air) supports my Ultra 66 Hard drive and my Sound
    > Blaster Live audio card.

    > If I install Slink, do I get support for these two peices of
    > hardware?  Or do I have to wait for Potato to come out?

I'm pretty sure that slink will not support these two.  Actually, I
don't thing Debian will ever support SB Live right out of the box due
to the licencing of the SB Live drivers.  You'll have to roll your
own, which I think has been fairly successful.  (People are free to
Correct me if I'm wrong.)

As for Ultra-66, I'm not sure if that made it into frozen.  I thought
that Ultra-66 is only in the 2.3+ kernels...But I don't have one, so I
can't say from experience.