Re: I have a hardware question.

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 01:05:08PM -0600, Charlie Ebert wrote:
> Currently , (Air) supports my Ultra 66 Hard drive and my Sound Blaster
> Live audio card.
>
> If I install Slink, do I get support for these two peices of hardware?
> Or do I have to wait for Potato to come out?

If you install Slink you will _not_ be able to use the mentioned hardware. I
don't even know about potato (aka 2.2). UDMA-66 is not supported in the
standard 2.2 kernel that potato uses. I don't know if the kernel-images will be
patched eventually. The same goes for SB-Live. However you can allways install
from the UDMA-33 contoller patch and rebuild your kernel and then switch
controller. The SB-Live software is a kernel module that you can add easely
yourself.

--
Regards
Sven Esbjerg