Re: Debian V2.1

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> I don't know of any Virus's that affect Linux (atleast not this version of
> Linux). If you are talking about an email Virus that normally affects
> Windows systems, then you really have nothing to worry about since they
> cannot affect Linux. If you can be more specific about the problem, maybe
> there is some way we can help resolve it.
>
> Ben

It is possible to do some pretty nasty things with Emacs but Emacs is not
a ubiquitous linux program so some macro thingy that depends on you using
emacs for email and such that spams your address book and sends a copy of
itself is going to have limited spread.

Most of the more vicious Microsoft viri rely on a combination of Exchange,
Outlook and/or Word. You get the same potential problem if large numbers
of people use ANY integrated application that supports macros.