Potato + wdm broke my kdm!

Along with my update, I removed wdm; yet I had kdm working after potato...

I rebooted to try a new kernel (see my other message) and now I can's get
kdm working again!  I don't like wdm very much...

When I start kdm from init.d... I get something like :
Checking for X setup... unable to check!

and it dies.

I'd give you the exact message, but I'm in X right now, and, you get the
picture...

Why is it unable to check??  xdm and wdm work fine... Thanks.

--
Jonathan Markevich <jmarkevich@mad.scientist.com>
http://members.xoom.com/JMarkevich

There's nothing very mysterious about you, except that
nobody really knows your origin, purpose, or destination.