Re: ATI Video Card Support

How are some of the other brands, like Matrox?  I was reading through the
documentation and mailing list archives at http://utah-glx.sourceforge.net/,
and noticed that it supports the MGA G200 and G400, as well as the NVIDIA Riva
series.  Has anybody set up Utah GLX with any of these cards?  What is it like?
What is the speed increase noticed with the most?

Wim.

On 26-Feb-2000 aphro wrote:
> i believe all of those cards are fully supported in the latest X release
> (3.3.6) and ATI recently released a new SDK for linux so ATI will probably
> be the first to have hardware accelerated/assistend video playback! its
> gonna be a tough choice, voodoo5 or whatever ATI has to offer when vd5
> comes out..ack.
>
> things were easier when i had less choices :)
>
> nate
>
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Wim Kerkhoff wrote:
>
> wim >Hi Everyone,
> wim >
> wim >What ATI Video cards are best supported by Linux and X Windows?  I was
> thinking
> wim >of:
> wim > ATI Xpert 98
> wim > ATI Xpert@Play
> wim > XTI Xpert 99
> wim > ATI Xpert 128
> wim > ATI Rage Fury
> wim > ATI All-in-Wonder 128
> wim >
> wim >What experiences does anyone else have with these cards?
> wim >
> wim >I am getting a new system (Intel Celeron 466), and want a card that will
> work
> wim >well with that and a 17" monitor.  It should be good for normal X usage
> at
> wim >resolutions at and over 1280x1024x32, games, etc.

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff
wim@netmaster.com
www.canadianhomes.net/wim