First network

I've set up my first network.  I have two boxes I can ping back and forth
from successfully.  I have Slink running on both machines and can Telnet
both ways.  I was wondering how do you copy files from one computer to the
next?  Is there anyway through Telnet (tried but didn't work) or do I
somehow mount the other drive through the network?  Also and this is a
little off topic but I can Telnet from the Windows 98 side to Slink but
can't Telnet from Slink to Windows 98, is this possible?  I get the error,
Telnet:  Unable to connect to remote host:  Connection refused.
Thanks,
kent

@ www.xyf.webprovider.com