Re: First network

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 12:19:30AM -0600, ktb wrote:
> I've set up my first network.  I have two boxes I can ping back and forth
> from successfully.  I have Slink running on both machines and can Telnet
> both ways.  I was wondering how do you copy files from one computer to the
> next?

Use ftp, or mount shares using samba (linux <-> windows/*nix) or NFS (linux <-> *nix)or netatalk (linux -> macOS).

> Is there anyway through Telnet (tried but didn't work) or do I
> somehow mount the other drive through the network?  Also and this is a
> little off topic but I can Telnet from the Windows 98 side to Slink but
> can't Telnet from Slink to Windows 98, is this possible?  I get the error,
> Telnet:  Unable to connect to remote host:  Connection refused.
> Thanks,
> kent

Windows 98 doen't come with telnet daemon. You can probably download it somewhere. But why would you need telnet to windws?
You might try to use vnc - server/viewer.

--
Marcin Kurc
Indiana Institute of Technology