Re: First network

On 02/19/00 12:19AM, ktb wrote:
> I've set up my first network.  I have two boxes I can ping back and forth
> from successfully.  I have Slink running on both machines and can Telnet
> both ways.  I was wondering how do you copy files from one computer to the
> next?  Is there anyway through Telnet (tried but didn't work) or do I
> somehow mount the other drive through the network?  Also and this is a
> little off topic but I can Telnet from the Windows 98 side to Slink but
> can't Telnet from Slink to Windows 98, is this possible?  I get the error,
> Telnet:  Unable to connect to remote host:  Connection refused.
> Thanks,
> kent

ftp maybe? The reason you can't telnet to the windows box, if I'm
not mistaken, is because it doesn't have a telnet service running.
I believe that windows 9X is pretty much serverless. It's basically
a client/workstation OS

 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (  wagnon@rohan.sdsu.edu (