PHP4 - Does anyone have the .deb pkg working?

I was happy to see the php4 debian module ready for use. I've been
using hte php3 module (from the .deb package) and was generally
very happy with it.

I installed the php4 package; now php3 files won't work at all.  Php3
files aren't being interepreted by the apache module.  I did check
the apache configuration to make sure the php4 module is loaded,
but it seems to be quite dead.  I made an attempt to edit the
srm.conf to ensure the php3 mime type was identified.  I made sure
the php4 library really existed where apache was told to look for it.

I'm probably overlooking something really basic and simple, since
I'm not an Apache guru.

Any help or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JEB