Re: PHP4 - Does anyone have the .deb pkg working?

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, jeb wrote:

> I was happy to see the php4 debian module ready for use. I've been
> using hte php3 module (from the .deb package) and was generally
> very happy with it.
>
> I installed the php4 package; now php3 files won't work at all.  Php3
> files aren't being interepreted by the apache module.  I did check
> the apache configuration to make sure the php4 module is loaded,
> but it seems to be quite dead.  I made an attempt to edit the
> srm.conf to ensure the php3 mime type was identified.  I made sure
> the php4 library really existed where apache was told to look for it.

The mime type changed, php3 used application/x-httpd-php3, with extension
php3, php4 uses application/x-httpd-php with extension php. So you just
name your files something.php, or override the .php3 extension to
appilcation/x-httpd-php

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@sztaki.hu           gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                   HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/