Re: What happend to Netscape?

cdysthe@oddbird.dyndns.org (Christian Dysthe) wrote:

[Also to debian-devel]

>On 27 Jan, paul wrote:
>| 2) Libc5 version works a little better than libc6.
>
>I tried both. I have never been able to see much difference.

Well, I was going to try out the libc6 version for a while when it
appeared in potato (or am I going mad and it was libc6 all along?), but
the netscape-base-4 maintainer appears to have decided that it should be
libc5 again. :( I'm reminded of a yo-yo ...

Is there any reason why we can't have netscape-libc5 and netscape-libc6
packages? It would seem to solve a lot of problems with people who need
one or the other, and eliminate this switching back and forth.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]