Re: Flash + Netscape (autodetection problems)

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 10:47:36PM -0500, Joe Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 03:44:07PM -0500, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I've installed Flash plugin for netscape. Neither of the sites can
> > autodetect that the plugin is installed. Even at www.flash.com I had
> > to click on "If you know that you have Flash installed" link.
>
> > Typing "about:plugins" in netscape shows Flash installed.
>
> This is my experience also.  I assume (right or wrong) that the web
> server doesn't interpret linux browsers so well.
>
> --

In the README.Linux file, it mentions this type of thing will occur if
there's some kind of code checking your system or browser which fails to
recognize it and thus assumes no support.  Also, some sites don't have
the MIME types configured properly.  However, I have no problem with
sites like macromedia.
| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |