logparser?

I was just wondering if there was a recommended script to use for
parsing your nightly logs and mailing yourself a report.  I see root
gets these little reports about cracklib and setuid changes and so
forth.  Is there a more extensive script or set of scripts one can use
that anyone can recommend?  I've read through
/etc/cron.{daily,weekly,monthly} and see what's in there.  I'm just
looking for something a little more extensive.

Also, /etc/cron.daily/standard has some "find -name 'blah' -xargs blah"
stuff that is commented out because of a security problem with find.
Did this ever get worked out?  Is there a newer version of find that
doesn't contain this problem the standard script talks about?

--
David S. Jackson                           http://www.dsj.net