Re: ipchains

for ping make sure ICMP masqurading is turned on in the kernel. i dont
think this is a run-time configuration otpion it needs to be turned on
when configuring the kernel.

nate

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Ron Rademaker wrote:

ron >On my network there is one linux server and some windows things, the linux
ron >server is used as a gateway (and some other things), but it doesn't work
ron >properly. When internet exploder is used, all goes fine (most of the
ron >time), but when for example someone tries to ping from within the dos box
ron >it doesn't. I think it has something to do with ipchains. Both the input
ron >as the output chain accept anything and the forward chain:
ron >	ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.1 -d 0.0.0.0/0
ron >
ron >(for every IP on the network).
ron >
ron >What can I do to fix this??