Re: ipchains

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Ron Rademaker wrote:

 : On my network there is one linux server and some windows things, the linux
 : server is used as a gateway (and some other things), but it doesn't work
 : properly. When internet exploder is used, all goes fine (most of the
 : time), but when for example someone tries to ping from within the dos box
 : it doesn't. I think it has something to do with ipchains. Both the input
 : as the output chain accept anything and the forward chain:
 : 	ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.1 -d 0.0.0.0/0

Trying to ping to an IP outside the masq proxy, right?  It works here,
but I believe you need to recompile your kernel and set
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_ICMP to "Y"

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD