Re: Problem searching list archives

David Wright wrote:

> Like Chris Baker, I can't seem to search the list archives at
> http://www.de.debian.org/Lists-Archives/
>
> No matter what I put as the search string, even stuff like `debian'
> which has to be in archive somewhere, I get a blank response on the
> page http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/searchlists
>
> If I take Howard Mann's advice and select debian-user and "Jan to Mar 0"
> (presumably this page is not Y2K compliant because it should be "00"
> and this entry should appear at the top, not the bottom) I get
>
> No archives match that combination of lists and dates.
>
> which suggests that the cgi can't parse Jan to Mar 0.
>
> Despite Howard Mann's advice, of course, I shouldn't have to set either
> of the filters because the page advertises defaults.

I just tried searching for "Debian" and got no results also. So I
selected "user" as the search category. Still nothing. So I
selected "Jan to Mar 0" and got the "No archives..." message. So
I added the two quarters just above "Jan to Mar 0" to my
selection and then got some hits. Yeah, there appears to be a
little something wrong, but it is working at least to some
extent.