Re: Acer machines

yes it would see the new CPU, i have read nightmare tales about people
having to reinstall NT after adding a second cpu if they were not using
compaq hardware, with linux its as simple as recompiling the kernel to get
the 2nd cpu working. some distributions already come with SMP kernels and
work fine in UP mode.i have had good luck with 2.2.10 on the 2.2.x side
and 2.0.36 on the 2.0.x side for SMP.

nate