Re: Acer machines

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Oki DZ wrote:

litban >Where can I get the list?

all boards are supported unless its really obscure and based on an
obsolete spec(which is nothing made in the past few years)

litban >The Acers have the processors on daughterboards, so I think the same ones
litban >would have the same type of processors.

you talking about socket370 chips on slot1 cards or something
different? what exact board are you using(just curious)  acer usually uses
stuff from AOpen don't they..they own ALI too i believe so it could be an
ali based board.  or are they ppro chips on slot1 adapters?

litban >If the two daughterboards are the same, then Linux should be able to
litban >recognize them.

linux should recognize them regaurdless, the downside to running different
steppings is in hardware only, now linux is only as stable as the hardware
it runs on(cough my abit bp6 failed that test).  i read that intel fixed
the 'problem' so now people can use multiple steppings in a SMP
configuration(in P-III units only though). in the past it was rather
painful to purchase a second cpu a year later only to find out so many
things about it was different it made for a somewhat unstable
configuration.

nate