Re: UK Freeserve Connection

Godric writes:
> try enclosing your ISP username in single quotes as it contains dots.

chat has no problem with dots.  In any case Anthony is not the one with the
problem: he is giving an example of a working freeserve connection.

Looking at Anthony's files I am led to guess that Freeserve is one of those
providers that require different usernames and/or passwords for
authenticating a ppp connection than for email and such.  It may be that
the guy with the problem (I'm sorry, but I've forgotten your name) is
giving something like 'qwerty' for his username when it should be
'qwerty.freeserve.co.uk'.

Perhaps I need to add some text about this to pppconfig.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org