Re: gateway.net

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 10:00:45PM -0500, William T Wilson wrote:
> Another alternative is to inspect the Windows 95 support.  If their setup

If one is a purist with no Windows available, one gets stuck (ie me).
Dunno how to get onto Sprint. ;)

> > Are you going to find one that supports Linux?  Where?
>
> They're out there - especially if you stay away from giant national ISPs.
> Most smaller ISPs use Linux themselves and, if you can get to where you
> clueful.  I used to run an ISP all by myself, and of course I supported
> Linux, without which I would have been unable to run the ISP. :}

"I used to..."  I guess that means you aren't any more.  Seems that
little mom&pop ISPs are going the way of the dodo, at least around my
parts, dunno about major US cities, underserved rural towns or the like.

--
William Burrow -- New Brunswick, Canada
A 'box' is something that accomplishes a task -- you feed in input and