Re: gateway.net

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 03:46:21PM -0800, Rick Dunnivan wrote:
> I am trying to connect through gateway.net.  When I
> get a Login: prompt, I type my name and then I get a
> Password: prompt.  I type it and get **BAD PASSWD** as
> a response.  I have already ensured I am using the

Probably just a terminal server, not configured for general logins.  The
help desk is rather dumb about such things.

> correct password.  When I contacted gateway, they said
> they do not support this operating system environment.

Ask them if they support Windows 3.1.  They will say words that can be
mapped to something similar on Linux, you have to know what they are
saying.  PAP and CHAP are key words.

>  Has anyone else out there run into this problem and
> if so is there a fix other than switching my ISP.

Are you going to find one that supports Linux?  Where?

--
William Burrow -- New Brunswick, Canada
A 'box' is something that accomplishes a task -- you feed in input and