Re: LPRng Printing Problem (no remote printing)

Hi, I use lprng but maybe I help you

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 03:29:25PM +0100, Bruno Boettcher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i use this thread since it is alive to report my own problem, having problems
> with remote printing and standard lpd (the jobs were stored on the server with
> a uid/gid that the lpd daemon couldn't retreive, filling my var completely up
> blocking other services as mail etc...) i tryyed to switch to this new type of
> service...
>
> i thought having configured it correctly, putting on the local side
> lp|erm1|remote:\
>         :lp=lp@erm1.u-strasbg.fr
>
> on the server making abstraction of all the comments i have in /etc/lpd.perms:
> ACCEPT SERVICE=C SERVER REMOTEUSER=root
> ACCEPT SERVICE=C LPC=lpd,status,printcap
> REJECT SERVICE=C
> ACCEPT SERVICE=M SAMEHOST SAMEUSERACCEPT SERVICE=M SERVER REMOTEUSER=root
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                    I think, this is in a separate line?

> REJECT SERVICE=M
> DEFAULT ACCEPT

My /etc/lpd.perms is identical, but when I try your printcap entry I get

$ lpq -v -Plpx
Printer: lpx@client
 Error:  - no spool directory for printer 'lpx'
$ checkpc
Warning - lpx: Bad printcap entry - missing 'sd' or 'client' entry?
lpx|erm1|remote
 :lp=lp@erm1.u-strasbg.fr

My working printcap on client is:

ljt|toshiba|Toshiba PageLaser8:\
  :lp=/dev/null:\
  :bq=lp@server:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/toshiba:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/usr/sbin/ljet2p-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

Mirek