Re: LPRng Printing Problem

thanks for the advice.  changing (fixing) permissions did not work.  what is the difference
between "chown lp <files>" and "chown lp.lp <files>"?  i tried it both ways.

i tried to roll back to the slink version of lprng but my method must not have been correct.
first, i edited /etc/apt/sources.list changing unstable to stable. next, i ran dselect and
updated the packages list (i know there is a way to do this with apt).  then i ran "apt-get
--upgrade lprng".  under "apt-get --help" i didn't see any info on downgrading a package.  i am dubious when this will work, however, if BSD's lpd doesn't work either.

dave