Re: X-Windows keyboard control

* Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> I personally don't know of any keyboard for an Intel based computer
> that has a Meta key - do they exist?

The keyboards for NCD terminals have PS/2 connectors and I´ve found
on the Net that someone has it working on a normal PC. They have
actual Meta keys. This keyboard is quite nice, the Sun Type5 layout
(plus some unlabeled keys over the cursor keys). Unfortunately, it
costs over DEM 200,-.

And before anyone screams out: I know that the normal Sun keyboard
connectors *look* like PS/2 ones, but *are not* (and have a totally
different protocol[1]). This NCD keyboard is a real PS/2.

Cheers,
  Colin

Footnotes:
[1]  But I´ve found a little PCB with a Motorola controller that
     converts it into a protocol suitable for a PC. Pretty weird. :-)