Re: apsfilter vs. magikfilter and hp printer

*- On 20 Nov, Carl Greco wrote about "Re: apsfilter vs. magikfilter and hp printer"

>> I have a Deskjet 660c and have been very happy with magicfilter and
>> gs-aladdin.(which includes the hpdj patch)(see the man page for gs-hpdj
>> when you install gs-aladdin.)  The hpdj driver doesn't support your
>> printer specifically but you should be able to get almost all of the
>> features since the printer uses PCL-3. Don't know about 2-sided printing
>> though.  More info on the hpdj driver can be found at
>> ftp://ftp.sbs.de/pub/graphics/ghostscript/pcl3/pcl3.html.
>
> Where did you find the magicfilter for hpdj?  I am using magicfilter
> (1.2-28) on slink, but this version of magicfilter does not include a
> pre-defined filter for hpdj.  Are you using a later version of
> magicfilter with a pre-defined filter (or filters) for hpdj or did
> you created your own?  If you developed your own hpdj filter(s) can
> we get a copy?

I had to modify the setup for one of the other Deskjet drivers that is
built into the Magicfilter setup.  Others have expressed interest in my
personal setup so I have put my files at
http://widget.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis/hpdj-printing/. You will of course
have to modify them to fit your needs.  Hope this helps.

--
Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you