Re: another question about my monitor

jh wrote:

> As you may know I have been having trouble getting my monitor set up under
> x. Because of not having any documentation on the used computer that I
> have, as well as not finding any info on the net about horiz and vert sync
> settings for my monitor, I have been shooting in the dark while trying to
> set up xf86config. I keep missing.

Jeff,

You're having *way* too much fun setting up your monitor ;-)

Are you sure that the setup for your graphics card is correct?

I haven't followed all of this thread,  so I don't know  if you've tried configuring
with XF86Setup. If not, by all means try it.  If it can crank up Xwindows, you'll at
least know that it's possible with your hardware.  Once you've got that running you
should be able to select  your graphics card and a generic VGA or SVGA monitor
setting.  Just be sure you don't overfreq your monitor - blank screens ain't much
fun.

I'm sure you've already checked this, but just in case you haven't .... You do have
two xservers loaded don't you? (xserver_vga16 and also the correct one for your
graphics card - mine is xserver_svga)

If you've already done all of this - ignore everything I said ;-)

Lots of Luck
John