Mail woes after upgrade to potato

Hi all,

Just went from slink to potato.  Excellent upgrade program...

All seemed to go well other than having to start again a few times when
dnsutils caused grief.  All seems to work now though I'm having
configuration proble,s with mail.

Having some problems after potato upgrade which suggest I need to relearn
how to handle mail.

1. eximconfig -i seems to start exim.  How do I stop it and restart it?
pstree shows no exim.
2. How can I get fetchmail added to the daemons that are controlled from
init.d?  I know there's a skeleton there but I don't want to spend ages
rebooting to get it working.  Does anyome have a working script?
3. I had fetchmail running in daemon mode when exim was not for 4 hours.
Anyone got any thoughts on what became of the messages I sent and the
messages that were pulled down by fetchmail during this period.

Hope these don't seem very basic.  All help appreciated!

Patrick