Re: New Kernel: make-kpkg vs. make bzLilo

Sal:

The kernel pkg script makes the modules.  The dpkg -i kernel-image (etc)
installs the modules--and warns you to mv any old modules.

No make_install_modules is necessary with the kpg script.

I tried to install the 2.3.4 kernel from ftp.kernel.org.  My system booted but
fluttered, so I stuck with debianised kernels.  Others, apparently, have had
no problem with the later undebianized kernels.

The other stuff you ask I don't know.

Eric