Re: New Kernel: make-kpkg vs. make bzLilo

Ingo:

Get the "kernel package" (dselect or apt-get) & install

unpack kernel-source. etc.

make menuconfig or xconfig

then: make-kpkg clean

then: make kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image

then: cd /usr/src

then: dpkg -i kernel-image(etc).deb

Everything will install.  No muss, no fuss

Got this formula from the kernel package script "HOWTO"

Eric