Re: Did Mutt eat my mail?

on Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 07:40:48PM -0500, David J. Kanter wrote:
> I just signed up for this listserv, and fetchmail saw/downloaded 76
> messages. When I went to Mutt, there were only 10 in the Mutt index pager!
> Huh? Even weirder, about 10 minutes later, Mutt reported I new mail in my
> mailbox (I was already off-line) and the rest of those messages fetchmail
> saw magically appeared.
>
> What happened? Did I swamp fetchmail and it needed to catch its breath?

If you're using exim (from slink, version 2.05), only 10 mails are delivered
at once. The other mails are waiting in the smtp-queue. With 'exim -qf' you
can deliver the waiting mails manually.
There is also an undocumented configuration option which tells exim to
deliver the mails without queueing. Add

smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 0

to the main configuration settings of /etc/exim.conf. There are some other
options for smtp, which are described in the manual from exim.

Bye   Thorsten

(sorry for my english!)
     Thorsten Jenal 		| PGP-Key available on my
   <tj_mail76@gmx.de>		| website or send mail with
http://www.croswinds.net/~tjen/ | subject:  send pgp-key
Töte deinen Nachbarn, aus reiner Sensation,
es steht in deinem Horoskop  -   Der KFC