Re: How to diable mail relaying in smail

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 11:42:04AM -0700, Tom Kuiper wrote:
> I need to disable mail relaying on my system.  I have smail 3.2.0.92-3,
> which came as the default with my Debian system, installed.  We cannot figure
> out how to turn off mail relaying (an institutionally required anti-spam
> measure), since smail does not use a sendmail.cf file.  Can anyone advise?
>
> The only alternative would be to install sendmail in place of smail, but
> wouldn't that be a step backwards?

I don't know how to do it from smail, but both exim and postfix allow you
to specify what networks you'll relay for - if you want to relay only for
machines in 192.168.1.* for example, you specify 192.168.1.0/24

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.