Re: Three questions

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 01:53:30AM +1000, brian.ross@anu.edu.au
wrote:

> I was under the _impression_ that people in the Linux community
> were supposed to be helpful.  Obviously I was mistaken.

You have probably heard that Linux (and other Unices) are much
more flexible and powerful than WinXX.  One major difference
between any Unix (Linux included) and WinXX is that you have to
_unserstand_ it.

With WinXX, someone can tell you to flip this, click that, press
this and if your requirements are within bounds set by Redmond,
you should be ok.  This is generally not true in our world.

Quick answers for very well documented and simple problems (like
yours) can get you going for a few hours, but soon you'll need
another quick answer, and soon after another ......  This is if
you haven't read any docs.

Once you have done your homework and ask *real* questions, you'll
see how helpful the Linux community is.

--
Mojahed