Re: problem with /dev/lp0

Quoting Debian Mail (debian@sos.ethz.ch):
> > > The device is still /dev/lp0. lp1 and lp2 are still not configured,
> >
> > I read these words, but I don't understand what you mean by them.
>
> sos:~# tunelp /dev/lp0
> /dev/lp0 using polling
> sos:~# tunelp /dev/lp1
> /dev/lp1: Device not configured
> sos:~# tunelp /dev/lp2
> /dev/lp2: Device not configured

OK, got your drift now.

What does the kernel say when you modprobe lp? I think the problem
may be your giving modprobe an argument. If you give ANY arguments,
you must start at port 0, i.e. you'd need to put something like
io=0x3bc,0x378
to get 378 to apply to port 1.

Now you're using all the normal defaults, just try modprobing it
without any extra info and see if it says lp1 at 0x378.
                                            _

> sos:~# cat /proc/ioports
> 0378-037f : lp

Yes, that's ok but it registers any/all ports as lp, not lpN.

Cheers,