Re: problem with /dev/lp0

which module is loaded for the parallel port? i prefer static kernels but
from what i can see you would need parport_pc loaded and not parport.  and
for 2.2.x you gotta tell it to support parallel printers in character
device section of config, again i always do my kernels as much static as i
can since it so rarely changes..only stuff like vmware, lm_sensors etc get
to be modules.

nate

      Linux System Administrator           http://www.firetrail.com/