Re: Security Setup: how to respond to a portscan (This is long!)

Salman Ahmed wrote:
>     Stephen> On my system wdm runs on port 1024.  I don't know if you are
>     Stephen> running wdm, but I would suspect that xdm and gdm use the same
>     Stephen> port. YMMV.
>
> You are right. I am using WDM. BTW, where is this port 1024 specified
> for WDM ? Just curious.

I don't even know if it IS specified.  I got the info like this:

stra:/home/sgore# fuser -v -n tcp 1024

                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
1024/tcp             root        209 f....  wdm
                     root        227 f....  wdm
                     root        249 f....  xconsole

I notice now that xconsole also runs on 1024.
--
Regards,
Steve

Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 Reboots are for kernel and hardware upgrades.