Re: Security Setup: how to respond to a portscan (This is long!)

Salman Ahmed wrote:
> (3) What service is running on port 1024 ? I grepped /etc/services and
>     there was no such port 1024 listed in there ?
---end quoted text---

On my system wdm runs on port 1024.  I don't know if you are running wdm,
but I would suspect that xdm and gdm use the same port. YMMV.

--
Regards,
Steve

Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 Reboots are for kernel and hardware upgrades.