Re: Linux/NT dual booting

For a dual boot - why not go to a computer store and buy one of those things where you can swap hard drives like disks? They are around 30$, then for linux get a cheap 3 gig. you could run the same, but I would reccomend more space for nt.

martin

----Original Message Follows----
From: Peter Mickle <mickle@panix.com>
To: Dave Wiard <dave@acm.wwu.edu>
CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Linux/NT dual booting
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 17:40:25 -0400

Dave Wiard [dave@acm.wwu.edu] wrote:
> i want to boot both NT and Linux directly from the hard disk (dual boot).. is > this even possible with an x86 machine? i want the x86 machine to somewhat > match my Alpha, but i've never been successful in getting this to work.. NT > always f*%@(^ up my boot sector.. could someone help me out with how to make
> this work?
>
> DOS boot partition on hda1
> Linux on hda2
> NT on hdb1
>
> Dave Wiard
> dave@acm.wwu.edu
> CS - Western Washington University
>

> --

dave -

i have slink + NT workstation 4.0 on the same machine both booting from the
hard drive. i followed the instructions + downloaded appropriate software
(required only for NT part) from
	http://www.winimage.com/bootpart.htm
	http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/Multiboot-with-LILO
	http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.html